The South Australian Government ICT Strategy 2018-2021 (PDF opens in new window) maps out an exciting future for our state.
We are enabling a better digital experience for government employees and citizens by transforming our identity management and centralised network.
We are readying central digital services for the era of hybrid and multi-cloud IT environments.
We are enhancing integration and collaboration across South Australian Government to deliver shared outcomes.
We are lifting our capability to make it easy for citizens to access services through innovative IT architecture across South Australian Government.
- Provide agencies the ability to achieve seamless experience and accessibility for all users.
- Ensure secure information sharing between South Australian Government agencies and with industry to enrich decision-making.
- Modernise and maintain centralised network across government with security at its core.
- Explore a software defined approach for network design to enable flexibility, greater agency level control, reduce overheads and improve time to deploy.
- Assess viability of “as-a-service” for network assets ownership and capital layout.
- Deliver an identity framework that empowers government agencies to be responsible for their own identity access management by federating user credentials.
- Strengthen our security practices to ensure our centralised network capabilities are robust, reliable, resilient and secure.
- Align and work in partnership with the Australian Government where relevant to deliver the best outcomes for South Australians.
- Leverage identity and access management services to enable connectivity to the centralised network and third-party applications both onpremise and in cloud.
- Optimize our IT systems performance by selecting the appropriate cloud options based on geographic distribution, cost and IT performance goals.
- Invest in high speed links to multiple clouds to enable collaboration and enrich user experience.
- Assess viability of a centralised hybrid Wide Area Network.
- Extend the centralised Wide Area Network to cover all South Australian Government sites across the state.
- Manage transmission services to ensure they have adequate capacity to meet performance needs and are secure, reliable and available.
- Adopt a modern architecture focusing on the dynamic delivery of data to make the best use of networks while easing access, increasing flexibility and reducing complexity.
- Apply ‘Cloud Right’ thinking before embracing the global trend of cloud adoption and integration, to assess the benefits these technologies offer.
- Modernise voice and data networks to enable contemporary system and security features across South Australian Government.
- Standardise a unified communications solution to enable greater productivity between agencies.
- Provide options for messaging services.
- Create a whole of South Australian Government compliant email archive solution to eliminate duplication and ensure ease of access.
- Enable a seamless, flexible and enriched experience across collaboration solutions for all users through the use of contemporary communications broker-centric solutions.
- Implement a framework that accelerates adoption of Internet Protocol based telephone services to ensure capability, flexibility and reliability for our government.
- Approach the market for unified communications, core voice communications and interoperability solutions.
- Adopt hybrid messaging model – O365 and bespoke mailboxes.
- Support applications that enhance employee and citizen digital experiences such as omnichannel and cloud-native applications.
- Modernise our application IT architecture and infrastructure to deliver the best value for South Australians.
- Ensure economic viability of implemented solutions by collaborating with industry to develop solutions and leverage whole of government buying power.
- Collaborate and co-create with South Australian Government agencies and external parties to deliver the best outcomes. Enable scalable and consistent security and governance through wide representation and collaboration.
- Develop whole of South Australian Government policies and guidelines for information integration and transfer between government agencies and citizens.
- Enable agency self-management via self-provisioning tools that access cloud services to ensure they are agile and responsive to their portfolio needs.
- Establish an online marketplace for agencies to increase awareness of available government services.
- Establish best practice governance to embed full solution life-cycle management to reinvigorate aging business tools.